Today was Tina’s last day of work, hence the title pseudo-retirement. She resigned from her job so we could spend some quality time together; travel a bit; see some family and friends. So to celebrate, I made a fantasía meal for dinner. Fantasía just means a meal thrown together with whatever you have on hand. I learned about fantasía from Tina’s aunt, Maija, one night in Dénia in the province of Alicante, Spain.
In case anyone was suspicious of my stories in the previous post, I submit to you the multi-course meal I served tonight.
- Beehive Cheese Company’s Squeaky Bee Smokey Jalapeno Cheese Curds and Wickle’s pickles
- Hard boiled egg with 2 year old homemade kimchi
- Farm fresh carrots braised in yuzu juice with orange marmalade roquette salad
- Shiitake mushrooms and local Imperial Sweets onions sautéed in coconut oil
- Roasted red snapper with home brewed kombucha sauce over flame-wilted bok choy
- Hanger steak tataki with nama shoyu and ponzu served with red quinoa salad
- Beef, strawberries, cilantro, habañero spring rolls
- Garden-fresh, sliced, Etowah county tomato and St. Agur butter cream blue cheese with Noble Tonic 03 maple matured sherry bourbon oak vinegar
- Toasted essene bread and butter
- Sautéed sprouted tofu with black garlic and nori komi furikake
- Three-flavors dessert — matcha nama chocolate (green tea white chocolate from Kyotofu Bakery in New York); High Road mango chili lime sorbet; pecan/date raw brownie (homemade)